Authentic Mexican Rice
2 mediumtomatoes, uncooked, cut in large chunks
1 smallonion, uncooked cut in large chunks
1 tspchicken bouillon granules
2 Tbspcooking oil
How to Make Authentic Mexican Rice
- Take all ingredients (except the rice), place them in a blender and puree until it is of a smooth texture. Set aside.
- In large saucepan, heat vegetable oil. Add uncooked long grain rice. Stirring constantly, saute rice until it is golden brown in color. Pour pureed tomato mixture into the rice (rice is very hot so be careful as you begin pouring).
- Season with salt (add more to taste). Let rice mixture come to a boil. DO NOT STIR THIS! Reduce heat to low. Taste the tomato broth for flavor at this point and add more salt if needed.
- Cover and let simmer for 20 minutes. DO NOT LIFT LID! DO NOT STIR! When rice is finished and you have turned off the heat. Allow another 5 minutes before you lift the lid.
- Lift the lid, give it a stir and serve! Delicious!