2-fer Nacho Cheese Dinners
- 1 can(s)
- 1 lg can of nacho cheese sauce, we prefer with jalapeño flavor
- 1 jar(s)
- salsa, chunky
- 1 can(s)
- green chiles, diced- size of can depends on your taste
- 2 can(s)
- tomatoes, diced, either fire roasted, chili ready, with lime & cilantro, or with chilis(i've found w/ habanero), or a combination; use 1 can for round 1 & 1 can in round 2
- 1-1 1/2 lb
- ground beef, cooked ( or i've subbed 8 oz of chorizo, cooked & drained)
- 2 bag(s)
- pasta shells
- finely diced: 1/2 med onion, 1 carrot, 1 celery stalk, garlic to taste, 1/4 red & green pepper
- 2 c
How to Make 2-fer Nacho Cheese Dinners
- 1Round one is making the nacho sauce. I started using the large cans of nacho cheese. I put it in a greased slow cooker. I mix in 2 C of milk, 1 jar of salsa, 1 of the cans of diced tomatoes, & the can of green chilis. Put on low & heat for 4 hrs. Watch to make sure it doesn't burn around the edges. I start stirring after 2 hrs. Serve as a dip or over chips. It also woks as a warm dip for veggies.
- 2Round 2: put the finely diced veggies & the other can of diced tomatoes in a greased slow cooker; cover & cook 2 hrs. (This is how I sneak veggies into my meals so my kids can't pick them out. When I say finely diced, I mean FINELY diced. They just kinda disappear into the sauce.)
- 3About an hour in, cook the ground beef (or chorizo), and drain. Add the cooked meat to the veggies in the cooker & continue cooking. After another hour, add in left-over nacho cheese sauce to heat through.
- 4As the sauce is heating, prepare pasta shells according to package directions to al dente. Drain thoroughly & mix into nacho sauce. Let cook another 1/2 hr, until noodles have absorbed most of the sauce. Now you have Nacho Mac n Cheese.