Green Pea, Tomato and Papaya Salad
- 1 1/2 c
- green peas, fresh or frozen
- papaya (ca. 1 cup diced papaya)
- 1/4 c
- flat leaf parsley, chopped
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1/4 tsp
- cumin, ground
- 1/8 tsp
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin
How to Make Green Pea, Tomato and Papaya Salad
- 1Blanche the peas and let cool in a colander.
- 2Dice tomatoes, avocado and papaya, mix with blanched and cooled peas in a salad bowl.
- 3Add juice and zest of 1/2 lime, salt and pepper to taste, 1/4 teaspoon cumin and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, olive oil and chopped parsley.
- 4Toss well, let stand at room temperature for about 30 minutes and serve.