Swamp-Seasoned Fried Duck
Duck has always been a favorite of mine, but anyone can roast a duck, how many fry them?
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 8 to 10
- skinless duck breasts filets (any number you have shot or been given) can use store bought
- cajun seasoning
- vegetable oil, for frying
How to Make Swamp-Seasoned Fried Duck
- 1Soak wild duck breasts in fresh water for 3 days in the refrigerator, changing water several times. (if using domestic duck there is no need to soak).
- 2After 3 days, the meat should look grey instead of dark red.
- 3With a meat mallet, pound the breasts to 1/2-inch thick.
- 4Season flour with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Dip the breasts in milk, the roll in the seasoned flour.
- 5Fill large cast-iron skillet about half way with oil.
- 6Heat to about 350 degrees over medium heat.
- 7Add the duck and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- 8Drain on paper towels.