☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes
- 2-3 lb domestic rabbit, cut-up
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- medium yellow onions, quartered
- 1 tsp
- minced garlic
- 28-32 oz can diced tomatoes, or use fresh, peeled, diced
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/3 c
- white wine
- 1/4 c
- dijon mustard
How to Make Rabbit Stew with tomatoes, onions, and dijon.
- 1Heat olive oil in large pan. Salt and pepper rabbit pieces, brown in oil. Remove to a plate when browned.
- 2Saute onion pieces in olive oil on medium high about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- 3Add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves, and chili powder. Put rabbit on top of tomato mixture. Pour wine over. Cover and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add mustard to pot and stir. Increase heat to medium high and cook 10 minutes, until sauce is thick enough to stick to meat. Remove bay leaves.