Rabbit Hot Pot
This recipe has been added for the group WILD GAME/BIRDS/FISH RECIPES. It is an untested recipe & the photo is one I downloaded from the internet.The recipe is an old one & may not look like the photo.
- 450 g
- rabbit pieces
- seasoned flour
- 25 g
- dripping or vegetable shortening
- onion, sliced
- carrots, sliced
- stalks celery, sliced
- 450 ml
- stock or water plus stock cube
- salt & pepper
How to Make Rabbit Hot Pot
- 1Pre-heat oven to Gas Mark:4/180*C/355*F
Wipe down the rabbit pieces & roll in the seasoned flour. Brown quickly in the hot fat, then place in a casserole dish. Add the slice's of onion, carrot & celery to the rabbit.
- 2Sprinkle a little of the seasoned flour over the hot fat in the pan & stir over moderate heat until frothy & brown. Gradually stir in the stock & bring to the boil.Check the seasoning & then, using a sieve/strainer, pour over the rabbit & vegetables.
- 3Place in the center of the pre-heated oven & cook for 1hr 30mins to 2hrs. The meat will slide easily of the bone when cooked.