Pressure Cooked Venison Roast with Spicy Gravy
This time of year I am always trying to come up with new ways to cook venison. Using a pressure cooker helps the venison to cook so tender it just falls apart. You don't have a pressure cooker you can braise this in the over on 300 degrees for about 4 hours and get the same results. If you don't want this spicy don't add the chipotle peppers and if you don't want to use wine just replace it with water. This recipe is easy to tweak to your own tastes.
- 2 lb
- venison roast
- 4 c
- beef broth
- 2 c
- merlot wine or any dry red wine
- 4 c
- crushed tomatoes
- 1 large
- onion diced
- 6 clove
- garlic minced
- knorr homestyle beef bouillon
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- 3 Tbsp
How to Make Pressure Cooked Venison Roast with Spicy Gravy
- 1Place all ingredients except heavy cream and cornstarch in pressure cooker. Bring to pressure and cook about 45 minutes.
- 2Remove roast to cutting board. Place pan drippings in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil and let reduce for about 10 minutes
- 3Mix cornstarch and heavy cream together. Stir into sauce to thicken it.
- 4Serve over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice