Pheasant Wild Rice Casserole
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
Sounds like a good dish for leftovers.
1 cuncooked wild rice
1 stickbutter or margarine
1 4-ounce can(s)sliced mushrooms
1 1/2 cmilk
1 2-ounce jar(s)pimientos
·salt and pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cchicken broth
2 cpheasant, cooked and diced
2 Tbspparsley, chopped
1/2 cslivered almonds
How to Make Pheasant Wild Rice Casserole
- Prepare wild rice according to package directions.
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in flour until smooth.
- Drain mushrooms reserving liquid. Add enough broth to liquid to measure 1 1/2 cups.
- Gradually stir into flour mixture, add milk, cook stirring constantly until thick.
- Add rice, mushrooms, pheasant, pimento, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Place in 2-quart. casserole.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.