☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/2 cground pork sausage, crumbled
2 3/4 lbpheasant, dressed
1/2 capple, chopped
1 csoft bread crumbs
2 Tbsponion, chopped
1/4 tspfreshly ground black pepper
1/3 chot water
1/4 cbutter, melted
1/4 tspliquid smoke flavoring
How to Make Oven Smoked Pheasant
- Brown sausage in a small skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Drain well.
- Rinse pheasant with cold water; pat dry.
- Combine sausage, apple, and next 5 ingredients; spoon mixture into cavity.
- If excess skin is intact, close cavity with skewers and truss with heavy cord.
- Place pheasant, breast side down, on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Turn pheasant breast side up.
- Combine butter and liquid smoke; brush over pheasant.
- Bake, uncovered, for 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 180 degrees.
- Baste with butter mixture every 15 minutes.