This recipe is private
Duck Stuffed with Spiced Potatoes
For a great tasting meal, this recipe is a must.
- 2 medium
- onions (sliced)
- 1/2 c
- celery stalks and leaves, chopped
- 5 medium
- potatoes, peeled and parboiled, cubed
- 2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 medium
- lemon (juiced)
- 1/4 c
- salt and fresh ground black pepper
How to Make Duck Stuffed with Spiced Potatoes
- 1Pull out any fat from the duck cavities and render over low heat.
- 2Rinse the ducks inside and out with hot tap water. Saute the onions and celery in 2-3 tablespoons of the duck fat for about 5 minutes, then add the diced potatoes, the thyme, and a little salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 3Turn the potatoes occasionally and when they are lightly brown, spoon the stuffing mixture into the 2 duck cavities. Place the ducks on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and put in a preheated 375° oven for 1 1/2 hours, then draw off all the fat.
- 4Mix the lemon juice with the honey, and baste the ducks several times with the lemon-honey glaze as you roast them for an additional 15-20 minutes. They should be golden brown.