Breast of Pheasant with Fresh Mushrooms and Cognac
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
From the Best of the Best from Texas II Cookbook. Cornish Hens may also be used in this recipe.
4 Tbspsafflower oil
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 ptfresh mushrooms, chopped
10 1/2 ozcream of mushroom soup
1/2 cpine nuts
1 cgreen grapes
How to Make Breast of Pheasant with Fresh Mushrooms and Cognac
- With a sharp knife, remove the skin from the pheasant breasts and discard.
- Cut along the breast bone and remove the breast.
- Cut into 2 pieces.
- Heat the safflower oil in a heavy skillet; dust the pheasant breast with flour and saute over low heat on both sides until brown.
- Remove the pheasant from the pan and keep warm.
- Discard the oil.
- In the same pan, melt the margarine and saute the mushrooms and onions.
- Add cognac and the mushroom soup and bring to a boil.
- Spoon over the pheasant breast and serve.
- Garnish with pine nuts and sliced green grapes.