Vicki Butts (lazyme)
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 csafflower oil
3 cgreen apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1 conions, thinly sliced
1/2 capplejack or calvados
1/2 chalf and half
·herbal salt substitute, to taste
·pepper, to taste
How to Make Braised Pheasant
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat, quickly brown pheasants in oil on all sides.
- Place apples and onions around pheasant.
- Pour applejack on top and let it heat for 1 minute, then ignite.
- Shake pan until flames subside.
- Dust top of pheasant with nutmeg.
- Place pan in oven and bake until juice runs clear when tip of knife is inserted in thigh of bird (about 1 hour).
- Remove pheasant, cooked apples, and onions to a platter and keep warm in oven.
- Transfer pan juices to a saucepan.
- Heat over medium-high heat until simmering, then stir in half-and-half.
- Let mixture cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then season to taste with salt substitute and pepper.
- Pour over pheasant and serve.