Turkey Sausage and Peppers
- 1 pkg
- turkey sausage, sweet italian style
- bell peppers, red, yellow, green or orange. sliced 1/8 in thick, then cut into half
- 1 large
- sweet onion, sliced 1/8 thick then cut into half
- 1-28 oz can(s)
- italian crushed tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp
- italian seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- fat free, non stick canola spray
- brown rice, cooked
- side salad w/ low fat dressing
How to Make Turkey Sausage and Peppers
- 1Take a large non-stick skillet pan and coat with non-stick spray. Turn heat to medium setting. Put whole sausages in the skillet until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside. Drain pan.
- 2Spray pan generously with non-stick spray and place onions in pan with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes. Place pepper slices in pan with onions and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- 3While peppers and onions are cooking, slice the sausage into 3/4 inch thick slices. Add the sausage slices to the pan with the onion and pepper mixture.
- 4Then add the can of crushed tomatoes, the Italian seasonings and crushed red pepper flakes. Simmer over a low flame for 20 minutes. Serve the sausage and peppers over a cup of brown rice and a side green salad with a fat-free dressing.