Turkey and Mushroom Potpie (with video)
Andy Anderson !
This recipe does not overcomplicate the dish; it has one main veggie (mushrooms) and one main protein (turkey). However, you could use beef, chicken, pork… whatever. It’s comfort food in a bowl.
So, you ready, let’s get into the kitchen.
- grapeseed oil, as needed
- 8 oz
- white button mushrooms, quartered
- 8 oz
- fresh turkey breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large
- shallot, finely diced
- 2 clove
- fresh garlic minced
- salt, kosher variety, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp
- dry sherry (or chicken stock)
- 2 sheet(s)
- puff pastry sheets, for the top
- 1 medium
- egg, beaten
- 1 c
- french sauce supreme (more on that later)