Santa Fe Stuffed Pepper
6 largemulti-colored bell peppers
1 lbground turkey
1 pkgfrozen steamable brown rice 10 oz
1 can(s)green giant corn niblets 11oz
1 can(s)black beans rinsed 15 oz
1 can(s)diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
2 pkgold el paso original taco seasoning pack
1 pkgtaco cheese
How to Make Santa Fe Stuffed Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. You will need a baking sheet or shallow pan to cook peppers in the oven, a pan that is deep enough to mix all ingredients together, and a pot that will be able to fit the peppers in it to boil.
- Start by boiling the water for the peppers. While that is starting ground up the turkey on the stove. You can cook the rice in the microwave as directed on the package (usually 5 min), while the turkey is cookin.
- Once you are finished with the rice and turkey meat, you will combine both in the pan. You will also add the corn, black beans, and diced tomatoes. Once you have combined all of that you will the add the 2 taco seasoning packs. Once that is mixed well set aside.
- Wash the peppers. Figure out which end of the pepper stands up the best, once you figure that out you will cut from the opposite side. Once cut, remove the seeds/inside of the pepper. Once you have finished with that you will boil the peppers for 5 minutes (make sure they are completely submerged in the water).
- Now that the peppers have boiled you can fill them with the mixture. I started with the cheese on the bottom of the pepper then added the filling. I alternated until it was full then added cheese on the top. Once finished place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 20 min.