- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil
- 1/2 small
- yellow onion
- 1 small
- apple, peeled and cored
- 1 Tbsp
- fresh sage, finely minced (or 1 teaspoon dried sage)
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- salt, to taste
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb
- ground turkey (beef, chicken, pork, etc. can sub)
How to Make Sage and Apple Turkey "Sausage" Patties
- 1Finely mince the onion, apple and fresh sage by hand or use a food processor. Heat up 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add the finely minced onion, apple, sage and cinnamon and cook until the onion is translucent and the apple is soft. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Transfer the onion/apple mixture to a mixing bowl to cool. Once the mixture is cool, add the ground turkey and mix gently until combined. Lightly press the the meat mixture into 12 small patties.
- 4Reheat the skillet over medium heat and add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil. Brown the patties in batches (do not overcrowd) approximately 3-4 minutes each side. Serve immediately or freeze in freezer bags.