1 lbground turkey
1 pkgtaco seasoning mix
1 can(s)nacho cheese soup
2 cwhite rice
1/2 pkgsour cream
1 can(s)rotel tomatoes
2 pkgshredded cheese (nacho/taco style)
1 pkgflour tortillas
1 can(s)refried beans
How to Make Mexican Lasagna...Ole!
- In a large skillet, brown the ground turkey with the onions. There should be little or no grease so drain or not as preferred.
- Put the 2 cups rice in a microwave safe casserole dish or bowl that will hold at least 3 quarts of water and has a lid or cover and add 2 cups of water. Cover and cook. Follow instructions cooking for roughly 5 to 7 minutes depending on microwave wattage.
- While rice is cooking, add taco seasoning (I prefer the new kind in the sauce pouch) and the can of refried beans. Combine well until thoroughly mixed.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After rice is finished cooking and has been sitting covered for 5 minutes, remove lid and add cheddar cheese soup, rotel tomatoes and sour cream. Combine until thoroughly mixed.
- In a 9 x 13 glass baking dish, put a layer of cheesy rice mixture on bottom. Add a layer of tortillas. Add a layer of meat/bean mixture and a layer of shredded cheese. Another layer of tortillas and repeat until the top of the pan is almost breached. Topping off completely with shredded cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Cheese will be golden and a little brown on the edges...perfect!
- Cut into squares of desired size. Makes 6 to 8 normal size servings. Top with salsa, sour cream, lettuce, tomatoes or pico de gallo and serve. Eat and Enjoy! (Comer y disfrutar)