Fried Wild Turkey
How to Make Fried Wild Turkey
- 1Bone the breast of the turkey.
- 2Slice the breast in 1/4-inch slices or thicker, if desired.
- 3Soak turkey breast in buttermilk for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4While turkey is soaking, heat the vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet, 325 degrees.
- 5Mix the flour, salt, and pepper together, in a shallow baking dish.
- 6Roll the turkey slices in flour, a few at a time, and fry until golden brown, do not crowd the pieces. Do not overcook.
- 7Drain on a paper towel or paper grocery bag on a baking sheet. Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until all the turkey slices are fried.
- 8BTTERMILK GRAVY:
In a small cast iron skillet on high heat, combine 3 tablespoons melted butter and 3 tablespoons flour.
- 9Stir until smooth and bubbly, cook for about a minute. Stirring constantly.
- 10Stir in the buttermilk from the marinating of the turkey slices, bring to a boil and simmer, stirring constantly until thickened. Add salt and pepper to taste.