☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground turkey 93% lean
- extra large onion or 2 large chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 clove
- minced garlic
- 2 tsp
- coarse sea salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 5 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1 c
- bread crumbs
How to Make French Onion Turkey Meatloaf
- 1Heat oil in medium pan. To hot pan, add chopped onions, 1 tsp. sea salt and pepper to taste. Saute onions until they start to get golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic. Continue cooking onions for another 1 or 2 minutes until you can start smelling the garlic.
- 2Add Worcestershire sauce, thyme and continue to cook onion mixture until onions are very soft. If mixture gets to thick, add a little water. You don't want all the sauce to cook out.
- 3When onion mixture is done. Tip into a large mixing bowl and let cool.
- 4Add turkey meat and mix well with onion mixture. Add egg and mix well. Add 1 tsp. sea salt. Turkey mixture will be rather wet. Add enough bread crumbs to pull it together. It may take a little more or a little less. If you feel you added too much bread crumbs, you can loosen it up with a little milk.
- 5Put turkey mixture into a loaf pan and bake one hour at 375 degrees. Make sure internal temperature is 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer. (Very important)
- 6Let meat loaf rest 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. Refrigerate left overs for amazing sandwiches!!