Build Your Own Turkey Noodle Soup
You will find the amounts missing in this recipe.
For this one you get to choose your own adventure adding as much or as little as you need.
How to Make Build Your Own Turkey Noodle Soup
- Preheat your oven to 400.
Put the bones in a large baking pan. Roast for about 45 minutes or until well browned.
- Remove the bones from the pan and pick them for meat and set that aside.
- Put the roasted bones in a large pot and add water - or chicken or vegetable stock or broth - just to cover. Add small amount of your liquid of choice to the roasting pan to remove the browned bits. Add to the pan and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 2 hours .. longer if you have the time. The longer you cook, the deeper the flavor. This is a good one to simmer all night long. You might even put it into a crock pot for the day.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350.
Cut your carrots, shallots and celery into chunks.
Place in roasting pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
Roast until softened - 30 - 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and set aside.
- Once the broth is ready, clear it of all bones etc. Add your cooked turkey and vegetables. Add your noodles.
- If you are going to serve this soup later on, do not cook any further. The noodles will absorb the moisutre and cook slowly while they sit in the soup.
- When you are ready to serve, just heat, add salt and pepper if desired and enjoy.
- NOTES: I've been making this soup for years. All the steps are critical to having a rich soup.
I have never had my noodles go soggy on me. I have frozen this soup with great results.
If you want a thicker soup just use your favorite thickener. Adding milk or cream changes the flavors to a whole different experience. I have added sour cream at the end and it's delicious as well.
This truly is a create your own adventure soup .. just roast everything for maximum flavors.