Beer Can Chicken or Turkey
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
·chicken or turkey
can(s)favorite beer, 12oz for chicken and 18-20oz for turkey
·weber beer can holder
·chicken stock, no salt
How to Make Beer Can Chicken or Turkey
- Rinse turkey well and pat dry remembering to remove the giblets.
- generously rub all over with the poultry seasoning.
- Use additional seasonings or herbs to suit your taste.
- Open can of beer and pour out at least half. Insert can into the Weber holder. Place in the baking pan and pour excess beer into the pan.
- Add stock to the baking pan which will reduce and makes the best tasting gravy.
- Cook in the oven set at around 375 to 400, or use a grill. My favorite is a gas grill. Weber of course. I remove the temperature indicator and replace it with a digital temperature probe with setting as recommended for poultry.
- Check occasionally and add additional liquid as needed.