Beer Can Chicken or Turkey
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- chicken or turkey
- favorite beer, 12oz for chicken and 18-20oz for turkey
- weber beer can holder
- baking pan
- chicken stock, no salt
- poultry seasoning
How to Make Beer Can Chicken or Turkey
- 1Rinse turkey well and pat dry remembering to remove the giblets.
- 2generously rub all over with the poultry seasoning.
- 3Use additional seasonings or herbs to suit your taste.
- 4Open can of beer and pour out at least half. Insert can into the Weber holder. Place in the baking pan and pour excess beer into the pan.
- 5Add stock to the baking pan which will reduce and makes the best tasting gravy.
- 6Cook in the oven set at around 375 to 400, or use a grill. My favorite is a gas grill. Weber of course. I remove the temperature indicator and replace it with a digital temperature probe with setting as recommended for poultry.
- 7Check occasionally and add additional liquid as needed.