Apple Cider Brined Roasted Turkey
How to Make Apple Cider Brined Roasted Turkey
- In large pot heat 4 cups Apple cider, bay leaves, and salt to boiling. Remove from heat and add 8 more cups of cider and 8 cups of water. Let cool.
- Place turkey in large pot or bucket. Pour cooled brine over top. Place a heavy plate or brick on turkey to keep it submerged. Refrigerate 24 hours.
- Preheat oven 300 degrees. Remove turkey from brine and rinse with water. Discard the brine. Season the turkey with salt, pepper, and paprika. Place turkey in roasting pan.
- Pour the chicken broth and wine around the turkey. Place in oven and roast for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Until internal temp is 165 degrees
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan heat remaining apple cider to a boil and continue to boil and reduce for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Baste the turkey with the cider butter sauce every 30 minutes.
- Remove turkey from roaster and place on cutting board. Strain pan drippings and make a slurry of flour and water and create the gravy.