5 Star Stuffed Turkey Roll
The compliments came rolling in on Thanksgiving from "Where did you buy this", to "This is something you would get at a 5 star restaurant"!
We made this one week before Thanksgiving making sure it was going to work. I will never make a whole Turkey again, you can make this up the day before and cook it while your guests are socializing. It only takes 25 min covered and another 10 min uncovered to cook!
Less mess, less cooking time and something you can make up the day before.
- whole turkey breast
- 1 pkg
- sage turkey dressing (mix or homemade)
- 1 tube(s)
- sage sausage (standard) one pound
- 1 pkg
- button mushroom (chopped)the square pkg's
- 2 pkg
- thin sliced bacon / 10-12 slices per log
- 2 pkg
- butcher wrap, turkey stuffing wrap or caul fat
- 2 c
- chicken broth (amount depending on the size of your pan )
- butcher string to tie it up nice and snug
How to Make 5 Star Stuffed Turkey Roll
- 1Make up your stuffing mix, set aside in a bowl. Chop your mushrooms and saute in a little olive oil and put them into your stuffing bowl. Cook your sausage, drain and place into your stuffing bowl.
I don't use all the sausage, about 2/3's, but add to your liking.
- 2Cut your Turkey breasts off the bone (If still on it). Place one on your butcher block and cover with plastic wrap. Using a mallet pound to about 1/2 inch thickness.
Repeat with your other breast.
Note: I like to buy the breasts with the bone on and cut it myself, more meat that way plus you can boil up the bones and excess meat up to make a wonderful gravy!
- 3Using your wrap or Caul fat, place secure.
put two slices of bacon on the side and lay down evenly the others.
In my tiny town we can't find the correct butcher wrap or Caul fat, so we ended up using a Turkey stuffing bag (netting), snipped the end off and cut it down long ways then secured it on a bakers rack.