Tostada Compuestas, My Diabetic Version
- 1 lb
- veggie crunbles (or ground beef)
- 2 tsp
- mexican seasoning
- onion, chopped
- garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- chili powder
- 1/2 tsp
- (16 ounce) can black beans
- (10 inch) flour tortillas
- vegetable oil
- large tomato, chopped
- small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- large avocado, peeled and chopped
- 1 c
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- taco sauce
- sour cream, fat free
How to Make Tostada Compuestas, My Diabetic Version
- 1Combine ground beef, mexican seasoning, onion and garlic in a skillet; cook until beef is browned, stirring to crumble meat. Drain off pan drippings. Stir in chili powder and salt; set aside.
- 2Heat beans in a small saucepand over medium heat; drain off liquid, and set beans aside.
- 3Fry tortillas, one at a time, in 1/4 inch hot oil (375 degrees) 20 to 30 seconds on each side or until crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 4Spoon meat mixture, beans, tomatos, lettuce, avocado, and cheese on warm tortillas. Serve with taco sauce and sour cream.