- cubed steaks
- 1 tsp
- 2 tsp
- flour ( enough to cover steaks)
- vegetable oil (enough to brown steaks)
- green peppers
- sticks celery
- 1 large
- oz. can whole or crushed tomatoes
- cloves garlic (finely diced)
How to Make Swiss Steak
- 1Season steaks with salt, pepper, and flour.
- 2Brown steaks on both sides in a skillet with oil.
Remove and place on a plate.
- 3Cut up the peppers, celery, and onion. Add vegetables, garlic, and tomatoes to the skillet. (if you buy the whole tomatoes, crush them slightly with a potato masher) Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Place steaks back in skillet and bake for 2 hours at 325 degrees.
- 5*Serve over rice.