Lamb Chops with Lemon
I did not grow up eating lamb.My Mothering law used to make it and it was delicious,so I learned to cook it as my husband grew up eating it and he loved it as well.Lamb chops is a favorite.This recipe was sent to me and I've made it several times,it's devious,I usually add extra garlic.
- 3 shallots,minced
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 6 large garlic cloves,minced
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 24 lamb rib chops,frenched
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
How to Make Lamb Chops with Lemon
- 1Mix minced shallots, chopped mint, chopped oregano, minced garlic, sugar, and 1 tablespoon salt in small bowl. Press 1 rounded teaspoon shallot-herb mixture onto eye of each lamb chop. Turn chops over onto large rimmed baking sheet. Press remaining shallot- herb mixture onto eye of each chop. Cover lamb chops with sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
Whisk olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon peel in small bowl until slightly thickened and well blended. Season lightly with salt and generously with freshly ground black pepper. Spoon oil mixture lightly over chops. Turn chops over and spoon remaining oil mixture over. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill lamb chops to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer lamb chops to platter.
Show 3 Comments & Reviews