Grapefruit and Habanero Skirt Steak
1 cpapaya, roughly chopped
1/2 colive oil
1habanero pepper, stemmed
3/4 cgrapefruit juice
·kosher salt and black pepper
1 1/2 lbflank steak
GRILLED TOMATO SALSA
8 clovegarlic, peeled
4plum tomatoes, cored
1white onion, halved
1 ccilantro leaves and stems, roughly chopped
2 Tbsplime juice
How to Make Grapefruit and Habanero Skirt Steak
- Puree papaya and half the oil, plus habanero, grapefruit juice, slat and pepper in a blender into a smooth marinade.
- Pour marinade into gallon-sized resealable plastic bag.
- Add steak and seal bag. Marinade for 30-45 minutes but no longer.
- Reserve remaining marinade.
- Heat grill.
- Grill garlic, jalapenos, tomatoes and onions on hottest part of the grill, turning as needed, until charred in spots and tender.
- Allow vegetables to cool slightly.
- Peel jalapenos and transfer to blender along with garlic, tomatoes, and onions.
- Add remaining oil, plus cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pulse until chunky and transfer to nonreactive bowl.