Spicy Garlic Shrimp over Orzo
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 1/2 lb
- medium or large shrimp depending on how many shrimp per person ( i use large), peeled and deveined
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil, per batch of shrimp
- 1 box
- orzo pasta, you may use other pasta you have on hand.
- large red pepper, seeded and diced
- medium red onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed hot red pepper per batch of shrimp, you can add more or less depending on your love of heat!
- 6 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1 stick
- 3 c
- favorite red sauce for spaghetti, heated
- 2 c
- shredded parmesan cheese
How to Make Spicy Garlic Shrimp over Orzo
- 1This dish comes together pretty quick once you've done all your prep work. Start your pasta water. Cook pasta according to directions. While your water is boiling, saute your diced red peppers and onion in one tablespoon of olive oil until crisp tender and set aside in a bowl. In batches, saute your shrimp that have been seasoned with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes until done. Shrimp is done in batches to get a nice sear on them. Too crowded frying pan will steam them. Set aside batches and keep warm.
- 2In a sauce pan melt butter and add minced garlic. Heat over medium low temp for 10 minutes which will soften garlic and infuse butter with yummy garlicyness! Heat your red sauce in a seperate sauce pan.
- 3Mix all of your cooked shrimp, red pepper and onion mixture and garlic butter sauce in frying pan over medium heat and bring back to warm temp.
- 4Once pasta is done, shrimp mixed with veggies and butter it's time to plate! Place your perfect pasta portion on plate, top with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, a good scoop of shrimp mixture and a scoop of red sauce. Top with a bit more parmesan and Enjoy!