Simmered Lemongrass Alaska Crab Legs
What exactly is a King crab? The delicious giant crustacean has ten legs, the front two being pincers, and can easily weigh over 10 pounds. It is cooked then flash-frozen immediately on the ship, so it retains its fabulously fresh and sweet succulent taste since crab is best within 24 hours.
- 1 to 2 gal
- bruised lemongrass stalks
- 4 clove
- smashed garlic
- 4 oz
- smashed ginger root
- 2 Tbsp
- sea salt
- 4 lb
- alaska crab legs (king, snow or dungeness) thawed or frozen
How to Make Simmered Lemongrass Alaska Crab Legs
- 1Combine water, lemongrass, garlic, ginger and salt and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- 2Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Crab under cold water. Add crab legs; simmer for 6 to 8 minutes for frozen crab or 3 to 4 minutes for thawed crab, until heated-through. Remove crab from liquid and drain well before serving.
- 3Tip: Serve with drawn ginger butter.