☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/3 cshallot, finely chopped
3 Tbsppeanut oil or vegetable oil
1fresh chili, minced including seeds
2 lbfirm ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into 3/4-inch pieces (31/2 cups)
1 1/2 Tbspasian fish sauce (thai nam pla or vietnamese nuoc mam)
2 Tbspfresh lime juice
4 6-ozmahimahi fillets (1 to 1 1/2 inches thick) with skin
·lime wedges, for garnish
How to Make Seared Mahimahi with Hot and Sour Mango Relish
- Cook shallot in 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add chile and cook, stirring, until softened, about 1 minute.
- Add mangoes, fish sauce, sugar, and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until mango is softened and mixture is slightly thickened, 3 to 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice. Transfer relish to a bowl.
- Pat fish dry and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining tablespoon oil in cleaned skillet over moderately high heat until it just begins to smoke, then cook fish, skin side down first, turning over once, until golden and just cooked through, 12 to 16 minutes total.
- Serve fish topped with relish.