- 1 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/2 c
- white american cheese
- green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- chicken bouillon
- inch tortillas
- pound small shrimp, peeled, deveined (not salad or precooked shrimp)
- 1 c
- lump crab meat
- finely shredded lettuce
- medium-soft avocados, sliced
- tomatoes, chopped
- jalapenos, chopped
- 1/2 c
- chopped cilantro
- onion, chopped
- 1 tsp
- lime juice
FOR THE CHIMI:
How to Make Seafood Chimichanga
- 1Heat cooking oil to 350. It needs to be in a deep pot.
- 2Mix all of the pico ingredients together and set aside.
- 3In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the chopped onion. Saute until translucent.
NOTE: If you want to serve with sauce over the top as well, you will want to double the sauce ingredients.
- 4Add the cream, Jack Cheese, and bouillon to the saucepan. Let cook on low until the cheese is melted and the sauce thickens. If it isn't thick gravy consistency, add the cornstarch (mixed in a little cold water) and continue to cook until thickened.
- 5While the sauce is thickening, saute the shrimp until pink.
- 6Assemble the chimi: Lay out the tortilla and top with lettuce, pico, avocado, shrimp, crab and sauce. The JAP member who requested this recipe also included scallops. You will need to sauté the scallops with the shrimp, if you choose to add them.
- 7To roll the chimi, fold the edge closest to you to the middle, then fold in each side, then roll toward the unfolded edge. Pin with toothpicks.
- 8Fry until golden brown. Serve with sauce poured over the top. Top with avocado slices, pico and cilantro.