Pineapple Quinoa With Shrimp
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6 ozunsweetened pineapple juice
1/4 tspsoy sauce
2 Tbspolive oil
2 clovegarlic, minced
2 Tbspjalapeños, minced
12 ozshrimp, cooked
1/2 cbasil, cut in slivers
2 Tbspmint, finely cut
2 cpineapple, crushed
3 Tbspsoy sauce
How to Make Pineapple Quinoa With Shrimp
- Rinse quinoa in fine mesh strainer under water until water runs clear, and let drain briefly. Spread grains on dish towel-lined rimmed baking sheet and let air dry for 15 minutes before toasting.
- Transfer dried grains to saucepan by picking up towel corners and gently shaking towel to release grains into saucepan. Toast quinoa over medium heat, stirring often, until lightly browned and aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- Into quinoa, stir in juice, water, and soy sauce and bring to simmer over medium heat. Stir a few times, lower heat to low, cover, and cook for about 14 minutes, until all liquid is absorbed and quinoa appears plumped and slightly translucent.
- Drain pineapple. Discard liquid.
- Meanwhile, use largest nonstick skillet you have. Have ALL ingredients cut and easily within reach.
- Heat burner to medium, add oil to warm, add onions and garlic. When the garlic starts to sizzle, add minced jalapeño with seeds. Saute about a minute, then add shrimp, peas, basil, and mint, and stir for another minute. Shut off burner.
- Add to skillet pineapple and soy sauce, and stir.
- Using rubber spatula or fork, gently fold in quinoa.
- Plate, garnish with cashews, serve, and offer additional soy sauce to season individual servings to taste.