Creole Spiced Shrimp
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbfresh shrimp, unpeeled
1 smallonion, sliced
1lemon, thinly sliced
2 Tbspfresh oregano leaves
2 Tbspworcestershire sauce
1 Tbspold bay seasoning
2 tsphot chili paste
2 tspkosher salt
1/4 tspblack pepper, freshly ground
1/4 cunsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
1 cwater, divided
How to Make Creole Spiced Shrimp
- Using small kitchen scissors, cut the shrimp shells along the curved backs. Remove the vein, keeping the shell intact. Toss the shrimp and the next 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Build a medium fire in a charcoal grill.
- Place four 16 x 12" sheets of heavy duty foil on a work surface. Divide the shrimp mixture among the sheets. Fold all foil edges toward the center to accommodate the liquid; do not crimp together. Add 2 tbsp butter and 1/4 cup water to each packet. Now you will crimp the foil together.
- Grill over a medium fire for about 30 minutes, until the shrimp are just opaque in the center. If you choose to bake, preheat oven to 325°F Arrange the packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Carefully cut open the packets -- be careful, steam will escape. Enjoy!