Camarones a la Diabla - Spicy Shrimp
- large, fully cooked shrimp
- 4 slice
- thick cut smoked bacon, chopped
- white onion, finely chopped
- garlic cloves
- roma tomatoes
- canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- handful cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1 tsp
- tomato bouillon
- white rice for serving
How to Make Camarones a la Diabla - Spicy Shrimp
- 1Fill a small sauce pan with water and boil the tomatoes until they soften. In a blender, blend tomatoes, chipotle peppers, and bouillon. Set sauce aside.
- 2In a large pan, sauté bacon until it begins to brown.
- 3Add onion and cook until it begins to soften. Then add the garlic and continue to sauté for 2 more minutes.
- 4Add shrimp and sauce to the pan. Stir and heat on medium high for 6-8 minutes.
- 5Stir in the dried oregano. Taste and add any additional tomato bouillon (or salt) according to your taste.
- 6Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro. Serve with a side of white rice.