Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp w/Praline Drizzle
- 1 lb
- fresh colossal shrimp (8-10 count)
- 1/2 lb
- backfin crabmeat, picked with shells removed
- 1 lb
- maple bacon
- 1/3 c
- 2 Tbsp
- old bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsp
- dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp
- garlic powder
- 1 stick
- butter, unsalted
- 1/4 c
- fresh chopped chives
- 1/2 tsp
- dried thyme
- 1/2 c
- maple praline syrup (pure maple syrup may also be used)
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp w/Praline Drizzle
- 1Rinse shrimp lightly under cold water and pat dry
- 3Drain crabmeat in colander, sift through meat and remove any bits of shells. Set aside.
- 4In a mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, Old Bay seasoning, dried parsley and garlic powder until thoroughly blended.
- 5Gently fold crabmeat into mayo mixture.
- 6Using a melon baller or a tablespoon, generously “fill” each of the butterflied shrimp with the crab mixture
- 7Take a slice of the bacon and carefully “wrap” it around each stuffed shrimp, making sure it’s covered from end to end
- 8Arrange shrimp on the wire-racked pan and place in oven until cooked through, approximately 20 minutes.
- 9Remove pan from over and drizzle maple praline syrup lightly over the cooked shrimp
- 10Turn oven setting to broil and place shrimp back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until bacon has crisped.