Bacon Garlic Clam Platter
60little neck clams
8strips of bacon, sliced
1 smallonions, small white, chopped
1 stalk(s)celery, chopped
6baby carrots, chopped small
1 cwhite wine
12 ozsoba noodles
10 clovegarlic peeled
·crusty bread of choice
1 can(s)diced tomatoes
How to Make Bacon Garlic Clam Platter
- Gather your goods!! Put your clams in a large bowl or pot under cold running water, remove surface dirt and debris, then fill container with water so the clams will release extra grit and sand.
- Wash and prep your other veggies. Get pot of water on for noodles. I prefer the green tea noodles or buck wheat. They are light and flavorful, beautiful with this dish. Prepare according to package. Boil about 6 minutes, drain and set a side
- While noodles are being prepared, take the cut up bacon and saute in large pot over medium high heat. After bacon begins to render add veggies continue to cook until bacon is crisping. Add garlic, and cook till garlic aroma fills the air. Add wine and tomatoes bring to boil.
- Rinse clams again, drain and add to the bacon / veggie mix. cook until clams open. As the open, move them out of pan to make room for more clams as they open.
- Meal while, toast your bread of choice, however is best for you, I prefer the grill, but an oven is perfect.
- Now that your clams are all open, place the soba noodles in the remaining broth and add the butter. stir around, return clams to broth, add more wine if needed. Serve on a large platter with crusty bread. Enjoy and have fun with your guest. Put any remaining broth in a few side cups for your guest, just in case they want more!