MamaMarcie's Quicky Quiche
8 ozpackage diced ham
3 ozfrozen mirepoix (onion, bell pepper & celery), thawed
2 Tbspmilk (i use 2%)
2 Tbspflour (i use almond flour)
1/4 tspdried thyme
·salt & pepper, to taste
19-inch deep-dish pie shell, frozen
3/4 cmexican blend shredded cheese
How to Make MamaMarcie's Quicky Quiche
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place frozen mirepoix mix into a small microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until thawed.
- In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, flour, thyme, salt & pepper.
- Add ham, thawed mirepoix, and cheese. Mix well, and pour into pie crust, making sure all ingredients are evenly distributed within the crust.
- Place pie pan onto a cookie sheet (I use a 14" round pizza pan), and bake in preheated for 40-50 minutes, or until quiche is firm in the middle. [Based on different ovens I've had over the years, it can take up to 60 minutes to bake.]
- Remove quiche from oven and let set for about 15 minutes to cool a little, and let the quiche set.
- Serve and enjoy. Bon appétit!