Crustless Spinach pie
Shared at the March 18 Curious Cuisiners meeting by Shari Greifner.
- 2-3 box
- (10 oz) chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- large onion, chopped or minced
- 1/4 c
- butter or margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
- well-beaten egg
- 1/2 lb
- danish sansoe or havarti cheese, cut into strips
How to Make Crustless Spinach pie
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Saute onion in butter until soft. Add spinach, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook until mixture is somewhat dry.
- 2Spoon half of the spinach mixture into a greased pie pan. Spread the cheddar on top. Cover with the rest of the spinach mixture.
- 3Spoon beaten egg over top. Add the strips of cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.