Chicken Pot Pie White trash Style
2 mediumcelery stalks
1/2 mediumsweet onion
2 pinchcelery salt
1 pinchrosemary, dried (optnl)
2 can(s)cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 can(s)green beans (drained)
1 can(s)corn (do not drain)
3 cchicken (left over and just use whatever you have)
1/2 stickbutter (margarine etc...)
2pie crusts (pre- made or homemade
1 smallbeaten egg
1 to 2 pinchblack pepper (optional)
1 can(s)optional: add a can of peas or carrots or what ever you have on hand
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie White trash Style
- Saute onion(chopped) celery(chopped w/leaves) with butter, celery salt and rosemary. About 5 minutes.
- Throw in mushroom soup, green beans, can of corn (w/1/2 can juice) and chicken.
- Bring to a boil then put on low heat
- Bake bottom pie crust 350 for about 10 mins. Just long enough to make it a little crispy and not so raw.
- Fill the pie with your soup mixture. (A TIP) Use a slotted spatula and get all of the yummy stuff before the pie fills up with all of the juice. But you do need for this to be wet and not dry. So ladle some of the juice as well.
- Pop the other pie crust on top seal the edges and cut off any exes poke a hole in the middle and brush w/the egg wash. Cook @ 400 for Aprox 30 to 35 mins.
- Let sit for about 10 to 15 mins and serve.
SIDE NOTE: You can serve this with rice or potatoes (mashed or baked) and you can even put either in side the pie as well. My family prefers in on the side...how about yours?! Now to make this truly trashy (when it's just you and your man) serve it naked with just an apron I'm sure he'll love it!