Chicken Pot Pie
3 lbchicken breast halves, skinless and boneless
2 10 1/2 ozcans of chicken broth
1/2 cwhite wine
2 tspmccormicks montreal chicken seasoning
1 Tbspbetter than bouillon chicken base
1/2 call purpose flour
3garlic cloves minced (or 1 tsp. jarred minced garlic)
2packages ready made pie crusts (2 crusts in each)
How to Make Chicken Pot Pie
- Dice onion and celery and set aside.
- Cut chicken into small bite size pieces and set aside.
- On medium-high heat, melt the butter in a large frying pan. When melted, add the diced celery, minced garlic, and onion stirring frequently. Cook until they are a bit soft about 10 minutes.
- Add white wine and cook until it reduces, about another 10 minutes.
- Once wine has reduced, add the chicken broth, Montreal Chicken seasoning, pepper, Better than Bouillon chicken base and stir.
- Add chicken and continue to cook on medium-high heat until the chicken is done. About another 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When chicken is just about done, melt 1/2 stick of butter in a sauce pan. When melted, whisk in 1/2 cup flour to make a roux. (this will look very thick and form a ball)it will form quickly.
- Remove the roux from the heat as soon as it is ready. Mix the roux into the frying pan. Mix well to incorporate all the roux. It will be chunky at first. I use a fork for this step and flatten any chunks of the roux.
- Get your 2 9" pie plates and place a crust in each pie plate. (I only use glass)
- Pour 1/2 the chicken mixture into each pie plate, then cover pies with the other pie crusts. Seal the crusts and cut off excess. Put slits in the crust to vent.
- Place in a 425 degree preheated oven and bake for 20-30 minutes or until the crust is browned. Slice and enjoy!