1 3/4 call purpose flour, plus more for dusting
3/4 tspfine salt
1 stickcold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
3/4 cgrated cheddar, about 3 oz.
6 to 7 Tbspstout beer
1 largeegg, lightly beaten
How to Make Cheddar Stout Pie Crust
- Pulse flour and salt to combine.
- Add butter and cheese. Pulse just till mixture looks like coarse meal with pea sized bits of butter.
- Drizzle in 6 tablespoons of beer and pulse to combine. Check to see if the dough will hold its shape, if not add up to 1 tablespoon of beer.
- Pat dough into a disk, wrap in plastic and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Suggestion: roll dough out between two lightly floured sheets of parchment paper. Start by lightly tapping the dough to expand it, before actually rolling. It will help keep the edges from splitting and cracking as well as help it to stay the same thickness.