2 (5 oz.) can(s)tuna in water, drained
1 stalk(s)celery diced
1 tspsweet relish
1/2 tspseasoned salt or original mrs. dash
1/2 tspgrated parmesan cheese
1/8 tsponion powder
4 (1/2 in. slicefrench or italian bread
4 slicepepper jack cheese
How to Make Tuna Melt
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients except bread slices and cheese until well blended.
- Toast the slices of bread lightly.
- Place slices on a rack in a broiler pan.
- Divide the tuna mixture evenly over the slices. Spread to the edges of the bread.
- Top with tomato slices.
- Sprinkle the top of each with 1/4 of the cheese.
- Heat the broiler. Broil 4 inches from the heat for 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Serve open faced.