The Crabby Cobb Panini
1/2 cbutter, room temp
16 slicetillamook colby jack cheese
1 cblue cheese crumbled
1 largeripe tomato, 8 medium thick slices
1 largeripe avocado, peeled, pitted, 16 slices
8 slicethick cut bacon, cooked crisp
1 lbdungness crab meat, picked and divided into fourths
3 cbaby spinach, divided into fourths
8 slicewhole grain white or wheat bread
How to Make The Crabby Cobb Panini
- In a medium bowl whisk together butter and mayo. Set aside.
- Prep tomato and avocado, set aside.
- Cook bacon, drain on a paper towel-pat off fat. Set aside.
- Double check crab for any shell bits and remove.
- Lay out 4 slices of bread, layer in this order (each):
2 slices Tillamook Colby jack cheese.
2 tablespoons blue cheese.
2 slices tomato.
4 slices avocado.
1/4 cup crab meat.
2 slices bacon (I tear mine in half so it's not hanging off)
2 slices Tillamook Colby Jack Cheese.
Remaining bread slices.
- Heat large cast iron skillet over medium heat. Griddle or Panini Press to 350 degrees. Any higher and the middle of your sandwich will not be warm and your bread burned.
- Butter the tops of the bread with the butter/mayo mixture.
- Place butter/mayo side down on your hot skillet, griddle or Panini press.
- Now butter the remaining bread.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes per side-you want your bread nice and evenly golden brown.
- Serve hot. Offer Blue Cheese or Thousand Island dressing for dipping.