Spinach, Artichoke / Monterey Jack Grilled Cheese
- 2 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 clove
- garlic, peeled and smashed
- 6 oz
- (about 4 cups) baby spinach
- 1/8 tsp
- nutmeg, preferably freshly grated
- salt and pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- sour cream
- 1/2 c
- chopped bottled artichoke hearts, drained
- 8 slice
- white bread, preferably thick cut
- 2 Tbsp
- butter, softened
- 1 c
- (4 oz's) monterey jack cheese, grated
How to Make Spinach, Artichoke / Monterey Jack Grilled Cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes to infuse oil with garlic. Using slotted spoon, remove garlic and discard.
- 2Add spinach to olive oil and cook 1-2 minutes, until wilted. Add nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. When spinach is wilted, stir in sour cream and artichoke hearts.
- 3Butter 1 side of each bread slice. Place 4 slices, butter-side-down, on griddle over medium heat. Place 1/8 cup monterey jack on each slice. Divide spinach mixture evenly between 4 slices of bread, then top with additional 1/8 cup of cheese. Top with remaining 4 slices of bread, butter-side-up.
- 4Grill until golden brown on each side, about 3-5 minutes per side. Let rest for 2 minutes before serving.