Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
4 lbbone in pork shoulder roast, trimmed
1 mediumyellow onion, diced
3/4 ctomato based salsa, medium heat
1/3 ccider vinegar
2 Tbspcider vinegar
1/8 cpacked light brown sugar
1 Tbspchili powder
2 tspsalt, divided
3 Tbsptomato paste
How to Make Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- In a 4 qt. slow cooker, combine onion, salsa, 1/3 cup vinegar, brown sugar, cumin, chili powder and 1 tsp salt
- Add the pork shoulder and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook until the shoulder until it is done and tender 5-6 hours on high.
- Transfer the pork to a cutting board. With 2 forks, shred the pork. Discard the bone and fat.
- Put 1 cup of the juice from the cooker and onions into a bowl.
- Whisk in the tomato paste and 1 tsp. salt.
- Add the pulled pork and stir to combine.
- Serve on toasted buns.