Simple-icious Grilled Cheese
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 1/4 c
- grated sharp or mild cheddar cheese
- 3 Tbsp
- mayonnaise (you can do light or fat free or homemade)
- 3 Tbsp
- 4 slice
- of whatever bread you like best (we use bakery multigrain)
How to Make Simple-icious Grilled Cheese
- 1In a small bowl, mix the grated cheese with the 3 Tbspns Mayonnaise. Best to use a spatula, it seems to make the cheese behave. Mix well.
- 2Butter both sides of 4 slices of bread, place on plates, butter side down (don't worry, you'll be able to use the butter that sticks to the plate), then with the spatula, add 1/2 of the cheese/mayonnaise mixture to each of one of the pieces of bread on each plate. Top the cheese with the other slice of bread, butter side up.
- 3Heat a frying pan to medium high, then with a large spatula, go under the sandwich and place in the pan. After both sandwiches are in the pan, scrape whatever butter was left on the plates and deposit in the frying pan.
- 4Turn after a couple or three minutes of frying, when nice and golden brown. Fry for another couple of minutes. All cheese should be melted nicely. Remove from pan and serve. Really good with raw vegetables like Peppers, Celery or yes, even a salad. Soup, too. That's it.