Ramp (or Leek) Sandwiches
They usually stay grown for the month of April.
They are usually ready to be picked Easter Weekend and last for about 2-4 weeks. It cost 20 dollars for a permit to pick ramps.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 lb
- ramps (or leeks) cut up & cleaned
- 1 c
- 4 lb
- mayonnaise with lemon
- loaf of bread
How to Make Ramp (or Leek) Sandwiches
- 1On a grill in an large iron skillet pour the shortening in the skillet
and let melt, put at least 2 packs of bacon in skillet, (bacon will
make on grease for ramps)
keep eye on bacon making sure it does not over cook, add the rest
of the bacon and keep stirring.
- 2When bacon is completely done, put ramps in bacon grease and
start stirring, you will be able to tell the ramps are done when the ramps start shriving up.
when the ramps are done, get a medal strainer and pour the ramps
and grease in it.
- 3With a medal spoon with wholes in it, start squeezing on the ramps
making sure the grease starts draining thru the strainer in a medal bowl.
when all grease is drained from ramps, get the bread ready.
Put mayo (with lemon juice) on one side of bread, then lay your
bacon, then put ramps on top of bacon, lay another piece of bread on top and ready
- 4It might smell but it is oh so good.