Monterey Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
- 2 c
- all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp
- onion powder
- 1 Tbsp
- parsley flakes
- eggs whisked
- 5 c
- seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- bulkie rolls
- thinly sliced chicken breast
- 16 slices
- monterey jack cheese
- 16 ounces
- sour cream
- 1 packet
- ranch dressing (or more to taste)
- peanut oil
- enough for pan frying
- 3 c
- shredded lettuce
- beefsteak tomatoes (or of your choice)
- small vidalia or sweet onion, sliced
How to Make Monterey Ranch Chicken Sandwiches
- 1Mix flour, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley together in a bowl. Set aside.
- 2In another bowl, whisk eggs and set aside.
- 3In third bowl, place seasoned panko bread crumbs.
- 4Dredge the chicken breast in flour on both sides until covered. Then dip floured chicken breast in egg so that it is covered and then put chicken in panko bread crumbs and coat both sides (make sure to press panko breadcrumbs in so they stick). Set in a plate and complete the same steps with the rest of the chicken breasts.
- 5Mix ranch dressing mix with sour cream (in container so if you don't use it all, you already have a container with a cover to save it for another use)
- 6slice your vegetables. (I sometimes purchase my lettuce already shredded if I don't feel like doing it myself)and put them on serving plates.
- 7Add peanut oil to a large frying pan. Enough so that about a quarter of the bottom of the pan is covered.
- 8Fry chicken breast over medium heat about 2-4 minutes per side. (until lightly browned) then set aside on a plate with paper towel to drain.
- 9When all the chicken is fried, add monterey jack slices to both sides of bulkie roll on a cookie sheet and broil just long enough for the cheese to melt and become bubbly.
- 10When the bulkie rolls are ready, place ranch dressing, chicken, tomatoe, lettuce, and onion on top of bulkie roll and enjoy!