Italian Bacon and Fried Egg Sandwiches
- slices pancetta (italian bacon)
- 1 Tbsp
- 4 slice
- good quality bread (not that soft fluffy stuff)
- thin slices provolone cheese
- large eggs
- small green onion, chopped
- parmesan cheese shavings
- fresh basil leaves
How to Make Italian Bacon and Fried Egg Sandwiches
- 1Cook pancetta in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
Transfer to paper towels and reserve skillet with drippings.
- 2Melt butter in extra-large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
Add 4 bread slices; top each with 1 provolone slices.
Sprinkle with black pepper.
Cook until cheese melts, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, heat skillet with drippings over medium heat.
Crack eggs into skillet; cook until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Set 3 pancetta slices and an egg atop each of 2 cheese toasts.
Top eggs with onion, Parmesan, and basil, then remaining bread slices, cheese side down.
Cut sandwiches in half and serve.