Grilled Ham, Chicken, and Gruyere Sandwiches
- chicken breast halves, skinless and boneless (6 oz each)
- cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 oz
- prosciutto, cut into 4 thin slices
- 8 slice
- sourdough bread, 3/4 oz slices
- 4 tsp
- butter, softened and divided
- 2 oz
- gruyere cheese, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 2 c
- arugula leaves
- 3 Tbsp
- shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp
- fresh lemon juice
How to Make Grilled Ham, Chicken, and Gruyere Sandwiches
- 1Split each chicken breast in half lengthwise to form 2 cutlets. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle the chicken evenly with pepper. Add the chicken to the pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done.
- 2Remove the chicken from the pan. Wrap 1 prosciutto slice around each chicken cutlet.
- 3Return the pan to medium heat. Coat the pan with cooking spray. Spread one side of each bread slice evenly with 1/2 tsp butter. Place 4 bread slices, buttered side down, in the pan. Top each bread slice in the pan with 2 tbsp cheese; toast the bread for 2 minutes or until the underside is toasted and the cheese melts. Remove the bread from the pan. Recoat the pan with cooking spray. Place the remaining 4 bread slices, buttered side down, in the pan. Toast 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from the pan.
- 4Top each cheese-topped bread slice with 1 chicken cutlet. Spread 1 1/2 tsp mustard over the untoasted side of each remaining bread slice.
- 5Combine arugula, shallots, and juice in a bowl; toss. Divide the mixture evenly among the sandwiches; top each sandwich with 1 bread slice, mustard side down.